Fixing your teeth with braces improves the appearance of your entire face, not just your smile. At our office, you’ll have braces options not offered anywhere else in The Woodlands & Conroe, TX area and will be treated by an experienced The Woodlands, TX orthodontist, Dr. Brad Leiker.
How do braces make my teeth move?
Braces exert a moderate, around-the-clock pressure to shift your teeth into position. Traditional braces are made of brackets, which are bonded to the front of each tooth, connected by orthodontic wire, which helps guide the teeth into the correct positions.
Is there more than one kind of braces?
At our office, we offer you braces options. This even includes lingual braces, the kind that line the back of your teeth, which can be hard to find because an orthodontist needs special expertise to offer them.
- Modern Metal Braces – Made of stainless steel; use smaller brackets and more comfortable wires than older braces to move your teeth into position.
- Self-Ligating Braces – Made of metal; use a special clip to ease bracket friction and move teeth faster, resulting in shorter treatment times.
- Clear Ceramic Braces – Created from a translucent material; similar to self-ligating braces in that they work similarly and improve comfort levels.
- Invisalign – Uses clear, removable trays to shift teeth without compromising oral hygiene.
- Lingual Braces – An unobtrusive style of braces applied on the backside of your teeth.
How long will I have to wear braces?
Generally, our patients need one to two years of treatment with braces to move their teeth into alignment. Dr. Brad Leiker will help determine your treatment time frame at a consultation.
If you don’t get braces, not only will you be stuck with your appearance, but you could be increasing your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and jaw pain. To get the smile you want and an improved oral health, call our the woodlands 77381 and conroe 77304, orthodontist office at 281-298-9434 or use our convenient online form.