Orthodontics is a normal part of life for many patients. While you may be anticipating the day you finally get your braces off, there are lots of ways to make the process fun in the meantime. Why not customize the appearance of your smile by choosing custom braces colors? Show your school spirit, color-coordinate with your favorite outfit, or celebrate the holidays with colorful rubber bands for your braces. With nearly 30 colors to choose from, the combination possibilities are virtually limitless!
Need a little inspiration? When you come in for a visit at our offices in The Woodlands and Conroe, TX, our team can help you choose a look that will make your personality shine! To schedule a consultation, call 832-510-6678.
Why are Rubber Bands Important?
The small rubber bands placed on your brackets aren’t just for looks. These are referred to as elastic ties – sometimes called donuts – and are used to hold the arch wire in place. Even though these bands are tiny, they are an important part of orthodontic treatment. With multiple color options, they can turn functional into fun!
A Season for Everything
Whether you’re off the beach or the ski slopes, your braces can celebrate the season! Looking for ideas?
- Spring: Soft, floral hues like rose and lilac can put a little “spring” in your smile. Or try yellow, burgundy, or lime green for a bolder look.
- Summer: Prefer water over tulips and lilies? Try a combination of teal and aqua so you can look your best while laying out by the pool or surfing the waves! You can even celebrate your summer independence with red, white, and blue rubber bands.
- Fall: Complement the fall foliage with yellow, orange, or coral. Want to look spooky for Halloween? Try some orange and black bands.
- Winter: Off on winter holiday? Look festive by the Christmas tree with red and green bands. Or complement the softly fallen snow with light blue and pearl braces. Waiting for Cupid? Celebrate Valentine’s Day with bubblegum and fire red.
Preparing for the big homecoming game or your next pep rally? Let your school spirit shine with the colors of your team. Do you have a passion for collegiate or pro sports? There are plenty of options:
- Houston Texans: Try fire red, white, and blue.
- Houston Rockets: Red, silver, black, and white will match your team gear perfectly.
- Houston Astros: Texas baseball fans can try navy blue, orange, and white.
- Texas Rangers: Prefer the Dallas area? How about blue, white, and red?
- Dallas Cowboys: Show your NFL team support with a combination of navy, silver, white, or blue.
- Dallas Mavericks: How about navy blue, silver, grey, or black?
- Dallas Stars: Do you prefer the ice rink over the court or field? Support your Dallas hockey team with shamrock green, black, silver, and white.
- San Antonio Spurs: Cheer from the stands with black and silver bands.
- San Antonio Rampage: Try black, gray, silver, and white rubber bands.
Not a sports fan? No worries! Use these infinite color choices to express your individuality. You can even turn your braces into a modern mood indicator. Much like the retro mood ring, these colors can show your current frame of mind:
- Purple: extremely happy, in love, passionate
- Blue: tranquil, calm, loved, at ease
- Teal: charged inner emotions, relaxed
- Green: active, destressed
- Yellow: nervous, unsettled, mixed emotions
- Gray: anxious and strained
- Black: tense, nervous, overworked
Not everyone wants to wear bright colors on their braces. And that’s ok! We’ve got you covered. You can choose from white, pearl, toothcolor, or even clear. If you’re not sure what color to choose for your bands, we are here to offer our recommendations. We can even tell you about the most popular selections.
To schedule an appointment with Leiker Orthodontics of The Woodlands and Conroe, TX, call 832-510-6678. You can also fill out our online form.